Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Boat Filter

Crossed another item off the list! What a relief! While Jared was home recovering and the kids at the movies, I tackled the task of clearing out the rest of the storage unit and closing out our account. It wasn't that large of a space, however, it was pretty full.

The past few days found me sorting through a lot of stuff. I asked myself again, how did we acquire so much? Anyway, all of the things we are keeping are stored in our shipping container at my parent's property, while the remainder has been donated or sold. 

It is a nice feeling to have that task completed, yet I know we have one final clear out of the house before we set sail. One thing at a time...

We have a different view when it comes to shopping now. Those cute home decor and crafting aisles don't call my name any longer. We use what I call the "boat filter" when shopping. Can we use this when we move aboard? Will it fit? Will it be useful while cruising? It really helps. 

I am looking at our pantry with a new view as well. If we do end up going next summer, we can take food aboard if we find a boat in the U.S. Most likely though, it will be in Europe, so we need to begin using up all the canned items to ensure we don't have boxes of food we can't use. Of course, anything left over we cannot take, would go to our local food pantry. 

We are slowly working through the to-do's and I know we'll get there...eventually! #goals







No comments:

Post a Comment