Sunday, July 3, 2016

Making Progress

We made progress on the de-cluttering this week. Since storage was emptied, we had a few tubs of stuff on our back deck. Okay, make that around 10 tubs and various boxes and containers. Since we need to tear out the back deck in order to start on the addition, it meant I needed to get in gear and sort through it all.
I started this early yesterday morning and after a few hours later, I had loaded the trailer for the donation center and landfill. The rest of it is either going to our storage unit (keepsakes and things we will use when we return from our adventure) or friends who wanted certain items. I have a friend who is starting her teaching career in primary grade levels, so the rest of my kindergarten classroom stuff went to her.
The building was open today, so we dropped off the load there instead of driving all the way out to the landfill area (like last time).

The kids were not keen on making another landfill trip. Zach actually donned one of our painting masks. Geez... these kids. Anyway, it was a successful and quick trip. After a quick trip to the donation center on our way home, we were back home in time to BBQ dinner and have a family movie night.

Now, we are through that mess, we can move on to the addition project and get this house ready for sale next year (I would love to try and rent it out, but that all depends on how finances are when we leave). Either way, we need to get a move on with this! Our only hold up is the city--waiting on their "historical home" review (which by the way, our home is not considered historical) so that we can finally get our building permit.


I can't believe it is already the month of July. Where is the summer going? I stopped by my classroom earlier this week, just to put the furniture back from where the custodial crew moved it for cleaning. Matt helped me, so it went quickly. While I am trying not to think about classroom projects too much at this point and enjoy the summer, I know that I need to at least make my "to-do" list and get copies made for the month of August (before everyone else returns and is in the copy room).  The first day of school will be here before long (in about 5 more weeks).

Hope everyone is doing well and wishing you all a wonderful Independence Day celebration!
~Stef



No comments:

Post a Comment